podcast from my favorite dj, mostly hiphop stuff but it gets weird. described as NPR for the streets, hear what kids are doin and where its goin down and listen to the latest music that might not even make it out of the neighborhood.
mad decent radio
parties someone should have in new york
1) drawing party, paper pens paint people bodies mess
2) mix swap party, like those parties your parents go to when everyone brings a book and they pick names out of a hat and everyone has to take that book, and then you try and trade but noone wants to
3) early bird party, wine in the morning
4) ignore the city game tournament and after party (see designingcrime.com)
5) critical theory party, just kidding, seriously
lichens are an amazing organism–they are created by a symbiotic relationship between two organisms: an algea and a fungus. they can remain alive under ice for years. it is one of the major producers in the desert biome of the arctic tundra.
a collection of objects ordered by wonder, a private space for meditation, a map of desire.
PlayBin is a new network of free artistic and creative materials. The goal is to set these materials free from ownership and create a community around them from which everyone can use, learn from and develop.
Every member of playBin is given a certain amount of space on its server to upload whatever there heart desires. This could be photographs, tools, programs, typefaces, incomplete work, inprogress work, unrealized projects, drawings, paintings, writings, music, video. By uploading a file you give the rights to all members of Playbin to use that file however they like. Recycle, share, discuss, and circulate unused artistic material and keep it alive. This will bring life to all those projects you want to finish but don’t have the means. Get feedback about your work, and watch it take directions you never thought to go.